Cookie free hits tracker

Worcester man indicted on federal felon-in-possession charge after alleged Taurus pistol seizure

BOSTON — A Worcester man was indicted today by a federal grand jury on a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition.

According to a statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts, Gilbert Morin, 39, was indicted on one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, and is scheduled to make his initial appearance in federal court in Worcester at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow.

“According to charging documents, on or about May 30, 2025, Morin allegedly possessed a Taurus pistol and ammunition after previously having been convicted of a crime punishable by more than one year in prison,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts said. “Morin was arrested and charged in state court on May 30, 2025, and has remained in custody since.”

The felon-in-possession charge carries a maximum of 15 years in prison, up to three years of supervised release, and a fine of up to $250,000. A federal district judge imposes the sentence under the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

“This case is part of Operation Take Back America, a nationwide initiative that marshals the full resources of the Department of Justice to repel the invasion of illegal immigration, achieve the total elimination of cartels and transnational criminal organizations (TCOs) and protect our communities from the perpetrators of violent crime,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts said. “Operation Take Back America streamlines efforts and resources from the Department’s Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETFs) and Project Safe Neighborhood (PSN).”

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kaitlin J. Brown of the Worcester Branch Office.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *