Infant foster child’s near-death incident in Templeton sparks inquiry
TEMPLETON — A foster mother in Templeton is under investigation after a six-month-old boy under her care nearly died last week.
According to Boston25, the boy suffered serious injuries last Friday (May 19) after chocking on his vomit, which caused him to stop breathing for 15 minutes.
It’s alleged that the foster mother did not perform CPR on the choking baby, even though she was trained to perform CPR in those circumstances.
The boy was transported to a local hospital Friday. From there, he was transferred to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester for further treatment of head trauma he sustained.
WCVB’s 5 Investigates reports that medical staff initially suspected that the infant’s injuries were not accidental.
The Worcester District Attorney’s Office said they were notified of the incident Friday and have commenced an investigation.
The Department of Children and Families is also investigating the incident.
Disclaimer: The product links on this page are Amazon Affiliate links. Prices have not been inflated for my benefit, but if you do purchase any of these products, I may receive a commission.