LEOMINSTER – On July 20, Leominster police obtained a search warrant for the apartment of Roger Lacross and Laura Fernandez, after the couple sold fentanyl-laced heroin to a confidential informant on three separate occasions.
According to Leominster Police Detective Jose Algarin’s Statement of Facts, at about 4:35 p.m. the day the warrant was issued, members of the North Worcester County Drug Task Force executed the search warrant of the couple’s apartment located at 21 Cotton Street, Apt. 3.
The officers located and seized the following:
- 24.39 grams (gross weight) of cocaine in a silver container that was in Lacross and Fernandez’s bedroom
- 3 grams (gross weight) of crack-cocaine was found on Lacross’ person
- 5.64 grams (gross weight) of fentanyl-laced heroin on Lacross’ person
- Two scales with white powdery residue
- Numerous sealable transparent bags
Both Lacross, 48, and Fernandez, 41, were arrested.
They were both charged with trafficking of Class B substance 18 grams or more, less than 36 grams (cocaine), possession with intent to distribute Class B substance (cocaine), possession with intent to distribute Class B substance (crack-cocaine), and possession with intent to distribute Class A substance (heroin-fentanyl).
Their bail was set at $10,000.
The couple were arraigned by Judge Hank Naughton in Leominster District Court on July 21.