Cookie free hits tracker

Worcester man, 62, arrested for throwing sticks of dynamite out his window

WORCESTER — On Wednesday, July 2, 2025, at approximately 11:36 a.m., Worcester police officers were dispatched to Catharine Street following reports of explosions.

According to a statement from the Worcester Police Department, when officers arrived on scene, they heard loud explosive sounds coming from the property and observed smoke filling the street.

A resident told officers that a man had been lighting half sticks of dynamite and throwing them out a window.

“Officers entered the suspect’s residence and discovered several large, red explosive sticks,” the Worcester Police Department said in its statement.

The suspect, identified as 62-year-old Richard Dupre, was arrested and charged with throwing or placing an incendiary device, discharging or exploding an incendiary device, vandalism, disturbing the peace, and possession of an incendiary device.

Due to the size of the devices, the Worcester Police Department’s Crime Scene Unit and the Massachusetts State Police Bomb Squad were called to the scene.

“The bomb squad confirmed that these were incendiary devices, and they were taken for a controlled detonation,” the Worcester Police Department said.

No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *